Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Word Portraits

















The purpose of the first assignment was to choose two words that are best amplified by the "voice" of two different fonts. The first font I chose was Edwardian Script ITC. The first word that popped into my mind was "Classy". The font looked professional and more "grown up" since it took more of a cursive shape. When I think of classy, I think of the color red. For the second font, I chose Cracked. The font looked "rough housed" therefore I chose the word "Rugged". I kept the color black since black is a more manly color. I believe I was successful in my work because without reading the word, I feel the emotions come through the fonts.
The purpose of the second assignment was to choose two words that contradicted the fonts. I first chose the font Blackoak Std which had a very bold and big font type. Therefore, I chose the word "tiny" since it was the opposite of big. I chose the color yellow because yellow is sometimes a hard color to see, which contradicted the boldness of the font. The second font I chose was Helvetica Neue which was a very simple font. Therefore I chose the word "Crazy" since it contradicted the simplicity. I also changed every letter of the word to go with the crazy theme of the contradiction. I believe I was successful in my work because the emotions are clearly contradicting the fonts that are given. The words don't match the type of font.

No comments:

Post a Comment