Monday, April 18, 2011

Typographical Conveyance


The purpose of this activity was to create words that also showed their meaning. For "Shred" I used Photoshop and erased some of the text to make it look like the word was shredded itself. With "lightly", I wanted to make the picture seem elegant and light, therefore made the font elegant looking and made the word almost transparent. With "atom", I used google images to search for a representation of an atom and placed it behind the word. For "brick" I used photoshop to make it seem that bricks made up the word itself. For "Pillow" I added a pillow to the background and warped the word in photoshop to make it seem as if the word was laying on the pillow itself. For "XXL" I "sphered" the word to make it enlarged and stretched out. I wanted to add the effect that it was EXTRA EXTRA LARGE. I believe I was successful in my work because each word represents the effect I gave it. Without looking at the word, I can feel the description of the word.

1 comment:

  1. All of the word portraits you created are really innovative. I particularly like 'XXL'. The use of the warping tool in Photoshop was really effective. I think it adds more to the bold type, and font selection. Also, with the pillow, the same concept was applied in addition to proper alignment. This makes for a very effective image, very clean. Good job!

    -Lamar

    ReplyDelete