Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Activities 1,2,3

1. In the first exercise, we demonstrated the Principle of Unequal Spacing. We used point placement on a gridded sheet of paper. Dots were placed all over the page in which each of the horizontal and vertical distances were different to the margins of the paper.

2. In the second exercise, we were to demonstrate the rule of cropping by being given a picture and cropping most of the sky out to only see most of the road. The picture is below. I am pleased with my results because now all of the focus is on road.
After










Before

3. In the third exercise, we were to demonstrate the opposite of exercise two and crop most of the road, so most of the sky was showing. The picture is below. I am pleased with my product because now all of the focus is on the sky.
After













Before

4. Lastly, we used the Golden Section ruler. The Golden Section ruler is defined by Krause as "as an aesthetically pleasing division of space that is often used by artists as the basis for measurements within their composition". Using Photoshop, I designed a rectangle picture to look like a 15 inch ruler that was divided unequally. The proportions of unequal in that unequal is more appealing to the eye. I am pleased by how I was able to represent the Golden Section ruler and was very easy to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment